ESWA is recruiting two trainers for its upcoming Red Umbrella Academy 2.0 training on Sex Workers’ Rights and HIV Advocacy.
Red Umbrella Academy 2.0 will take place over 3 days between the 14th and 17th of October 2023 in Warsaw, Poland. The training takes place just before the 19th European AIDS Conference (between the 18th and 21st of October 2023).
The Red Umbrella Academy, in its second edition, will bring together 24 sex workers’ rights advocates from 8 European countries to learn from one another and from the trainers and foster networking and collaboration for ensuring medium and long term impact on sex workers’ access to HIV services and prevention.
The training will include sessions related to HIV advocacy and prevention such as community-leadership, quality of life including mental health, stigma and discrimination and takes into account the different intersecting identities of sex workers. A key focus area of the training curriculum will be main obstacles and challenges in access to combination prevention and especially in access to PrEP for sex workers as well as role of peer-workers and community leadership in HIV prevention.
The training will also include potential other topics such as community-based communications/organising advocacy campaign, intersectional alliance and partnership building, project management, budget, advocacy and fundraising.
In collaboration with the ESWA team, the trainers will develop a curriculum addressing (some) of the issues defined above and ensure a good mix of formal presentation and participatory sessions. Trainers are expected to work together and cohesively throughout the duration of the contract.
- Expertise on the training topics outlined above
- Basic knowledge and experience in developing educational contents and/or curricular development
- At least 3-5 years of experience in conducting training/workshops (offline, online, hybrid)
- Experience in working with sex workers / lived experience of sex work
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including experience of training / workshops facilitation and presentations
- Availability to travel to Warsaw for the dates of the training
- Availability to attend preparatory calls to finalise the agenda of the training
- Command of written and spoken English (fluency in other languages such as Spanish will be an asset)
- Relevant regional and international experience in the HIV field will be an asset
The total remuneration will be 1,500 EUR (VAT included). The payment includes remuneration to attend preparatory calls, create workshop training materials and face-to-face participation. All costs associated with travel, accommodation and meals will be covered by ESWA unless travel costs are already covered by scholarship to EACS or other.
The selection will be made by the ESWA selection committee composed of ESWA team and board members.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to send a brief description of their relevant experience, their CV and certificates of courses successfully completed as a trainer/coach/facilitator/moderator (if available) to [email protected]
The deadline to apply is 15 August 2023 (23:59 CET).
Successful candidates will be informed by 7 September 2023.